Monday, August 31, 2009

Joe Momma's B-day, Real Food and More!


Joey hopes you're still tuned into the blog! I think we'll go with picture updates and then video updates -- this is going to be a long one! I would have updated sooner, but I have been super busy with a 2 week birthday extravaganza courtesy of Joe Daddy. It all started a week before my birthday with a surprise party. Joe was as shocked as I was.


During the following week leading up to my birthday, Joe hung out with some new friends.

Joe Daddy's friend from college (and my former employee) Noam:


Newlywed Nicole:


Her new husband, Matt:


Then I got another birthday surprise when Uncle J came down from DC to visit for the weekend. At one point we went to the fountain to officially test Ka-Ka's camo onesie. Where's Joey? :)




Now for some video updates. This week Joe has found two fun new things to do: play "Gimme That Rag" and walk in his new walker.





But the biggest development this week is that he got his first taste of solid food in the form of applesauce. We could have started him on it last month, but he had a stomach bug. I knew we couldn't wait any longer when he started trying to eat his toys.





He's a great eater! He's far less of a messy eater than I was expecting. He definitely loves apples -- we'll try new foods out one at a time every four or five days. Next up... bananas? Sweet potatoes? Pears? Log on next time to find out! Joe and I send our love...

2 comments:

  1. The "shocked" picture, and the shot of you and him are just ADORABLE!! We're just starting Taylor on solids now too, she LOOOOOOOVES real food. Banana & rice cereal so far here!

    ReplyDelete