Friday, October 9, 2009

Joe Sixpack

Joe celebrated his 6 month birthday with a visit from Uncle J which is just what he needed after such a tough sick-week. He had lots of attention, got to show off his new scooting moves and even got a new wooden toy whale on wheels.


Joe also got to show off his new ability to eat food. He typically eats apples and pears for breakfast and has a lunch or dinner of sweet potatoes and carrots/squash/leftovers. He can't stand peas. Joe Daddy claims that the peas do in fact taste disgusting. But, by far, his favorite is apples. I'm actually entering Joe in a contest that our baby food company is running. (With a baby as cute as Joe, how could I not?) I'll give more details about this in a later post. I'm REALLY excited about it though cause I think we've got a good shot at winning -- and the winner gets a month of baby diapers/wipes/food!!



Joe's got his 6 month pediatrician appointment next week and I look forward to hearing about his height/weight. While he was sick in the ER they weighed him and he was just over 20lbs, so now that he's all better I bet he's closer to 21 pounds now.

That brings me to the next subject: car seats! We registered for a rear facing infant seat (5-22lbs) and a forward facing convertible seat (20-100lbs). It seemed to me like this would cover it! Whoops.

You are supposed to keep infants "rear for a year", which is not usually a problem -- unless you have an infant who is 6 months and already off the growth chart! It turns out that Graco makes a "special carseat" for just such problems. It's called the "Graco Snugride 32" because "Graco Chunky Style" must have been too inappropriate. I ordered it on Amazon and it came in two days! It's absolutely fabulous in a thousand ways, not the least of which is that our child doesn't hang out of it like he did with the old seat. It claims to fit "97% of 1 year olds" because it has a weight limit of 32 pounds -- so it will at least give us a couple more months. :)

In other news, Joe really loves getting into "trouble" and when he gets "caught" he cracks up. While writing this blog, he managed to get himself half under the changing table. I took a picture of him being 'caught' and then his reaction.



I better go get him outta there!!
-

1 comment:

  1. I love those last two pictures of him -- at least one of them is going to have to go up at work.

    ReplyDelete