Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!


I got this book for Joe Daddy as a Father's Day present. It's about a Dad bear and his cub having a day full of adventures together. At the end of the book, the cub falls asleep as the Dad bear pats him on the head. Joe had been fussing for an hour or so, but as soon as Joe Daddy started reading, he calmed down and looked right at the book. As the story progressed, Joe slowly started nodding off. At the end of the book, Joe Daddy patted Joe on the head and Joe drifted right to sleep. It was the sweetest thing in the world and it reminded me that although I can't catch every special memory on camera, I can keep those moments in my heart.


Also, today's the day to give my dad a shout-out up in heaven! Dad, I remember one of the last things you said to me was, "I really hope you find someone great, because you really deserve it." Well, it's a shame you never got to meet my "Catholic friend" that I always told you about, because Joe Daddy was definitely the 'someone great' that you had in mind.


Also, my dad would be so happy to know that I got all the materials together to send in for Joseph's Cherokee Tribal membership and CDIB card. I thought about my dad alot as I filled in the "ancestry chart" from Archilla (on the Dawes Rolls) to Wilson to my dad to me... and now to Joe. I think it takes a few months to process, but as soon as the approval comes back making Joe the newest member of the Cherokee Tribe, we'll have a little ceremony at home and (of course) I'll be sure to take lots of pictures for the blog.
(That's "Happy Father's Day" in Cherokee.)

-

2 comments:

  1. There are a bunch of red haired Cherokees, dating from way back. I guess they liked the fair haired women. The most recent was Maggie Click. Full blood Irish, came on "The Boat", as they all did back in the 1800's. Famine. Sponsered to work on the Swimmer property. Archilla was blinded at age 11, she was the housekeeper. That is where it branches off. You could write a book, like your Dad always wanted to. TOT? Absolutely. Romantic? Possibly. They begat,(Wilson)and he begat,(Warner) and he begat you and your brother. Now, Christian and Joseph. Yes, it branches off, but no mattter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the Cherokees don't even have a blood quantum anymore for membership. You just had to have an ancestor on the Dawes Rolls. There were less than 100,000 registered on those rolls back in the late 1800s, so imagine how few full blooded Cherokees there must be today. I bet there are less than 5000. The rest of us are mutts.

    ReplyDelete