Tuesday, June 30, 2009

So Happy Together

I remember getting a book called, "The Happiest Baby on the Block" at some point while I was pregnant, but I never read it. It turns out I didn't need to read it, because Joe would naturally be the happiest baby in the whole entire world!


We took our first adventure to the park this past week and although Joe was asleep at first, he woke up after a little while, so we tried out the swing. As usual, Joey tried something new and loved every second of it.



One downer to this week was that one of our best friends moved to DC. J was the first person to visit us in the hospital and the second person to get to hold Joe (after M). Over the past few months, Joe has grown attached to Uncle J and loves to play with him. Luckily, he's only moving about 3 hours away, so he should be able to come visit often. Still, we're going to miss the days of having him only a couple blocks away from us. :(


Ending on an up note, we got another box of clothes/gifts from one of Joe Daddy's Aunts. Joe Daddy was very excited that Joe finally has some Pitt State gear. Joe looks pretty happy about it too.


I love my Joseph! He is so social and happy. He's even sleeping through the night now! I look forward to this weekend -- we've got a cute 4th of July outfit for him to wear and we're thinking of (maybe) going to the shore.


Joe says, "I can't wait to see you in person!"

5 comments:

  1. AHHHHHH! Seriously, he is SO SO SO SO CUTE! And you look absolutely amazing in that last pic! I want to come visit again right now!! I can only pray for babies as cute/happy as he is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeepers, creepers, look at dem peepers! What color are his eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are baby blue/grey right now (just like yours!) but they say that a person's "permanent" eye color doesn't officially set in until you're about three years old. So everyone put in your guesses now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe's Grandpa B had two different color eyes, although they were listed as hazel. The left one was green with brown specks, and the right was a shade of blue with green specks. Just FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, the eye color thing really freaked me out in high school science class. The teacher said that two non-brown eyed parents CANNOT have a brown eyed child. But me and Matt had brown eyes and you and dad had blue(ish) eyes! Then I looked closer at Dad's eyes and realized they were kind of a total mess, lol. It's called "heterochromia" and I thought maybe Joe Daddy had that condition too when I first met him!

    Joe Daddy has (the real deal) Hazel eyes. I had never seen real Hazel eyes before-- I thought Hazel meant green or something and his eyes were green and yellow and brown. They look just like sunflowers in the grass! Fitting that he's from the sunflower state. Check out the beautifulness of true Hazel eyes:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Eye_big.JPG

    Anyway, I did the genetics and Joe has a 33/33/33 split for blue/green/brown eyes (or I guess something inbetween like hazel). I can't wait to see what the final answer is!

    ReplyDelete